Friday, August 1, 2008

Thank-You Letter


photo is from a previous WAS trip

We recently received this thank-you note for our quilts that went on a Rotaplast trip to El Salvador. Read and enjoy:
------
"Dear Terry and Fellow Wrap-A-Smile Quilters,

Thank you so much for your mission which is beyond words of gratitude. Your
dedication and work is wonderful, touches many lives and is appreciated by
so many. You affect more children and families than you can imagine. I know
because I have seen it in their faces and heard it in their words of thanks.

This month I had the pleasure of being a part of a Rotaplast mission trip to
El Salvador. I am a member of the Rotary Club of Sacramento which in part
sponsored this mission. I was blessed to be the photographer and journalist
for this mission and my 19 year old college student daughter also attended
as the recreational therapist. It was our first mission and the experience
of our lives individually and together.

Your quilts brightened up every part of the process for the children from
the intake, through the surgery and recovery, to the follow up clinic and
finally to the journey out the hospital to return home. The children and
their families were surprised, delighted and grateful that they were able to
take your quilts home with them. Your gifts were truly appreciated.

I presented a photo slide show of our mission trip to our Rotary Club lunch
meeting (attended by 300-350) last week and many were in tears and greatly
moved by the work accomplished by Rotaplast and all those involved. A part
of my presentation included photographs of your patch and quilts and how
each brightened the process for all involved. I will email you the photos of
your patch and the quilts from my presentation.
----
Thank you again for your hard work and dedication. I truly hope that you
have fun, enjoy getting together and support each other in sharing your
mission. Please know that what you do is so very important to so many
involved in every aspect of each Rotaplast mission.

I look forward to hearing from you.
With warm regards,
Susan Sheridan "

No comments: