Sunday, February 24, 2008

Split 9 Patch Challenge




In December and January I offerred a challenge to our members to make split 9 patch blocks and mail them to me to be sewn into quilts for Wrap Them in Love. This challenge was a huge success because so far I have rec'd 644 quilt blocks with one more package on it's way to me. So it looks like total blocks rec'd will be about 700 blocks. This will make alot of quilts for the children in the orphanges overseas. I have been busy sewing these blocks into tops and then quilting them for weeks now. Currently I have about 9 quilts either finished or in the works. These pictures are a few of the quilts that have been completed. I am having fun putting these together! Soon I will be offering another block challenge and will let you know what it is!


Janet in WI

No comments: